You can find a link to a pdf version of my CV here.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Aug 2014 - Present): Doctor of Philosophy in Computational Science and Engineering (advised by Dr. Julie Swann and Dr. Nicoleta Serban)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Jan 2013 - May 2014): Master of Science in Health Systems
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Aug 2008 - Dec 2012): Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Research Projects (Aug 2012 - Present)
- Small Area Estimates of Childhood Obesity Prevalence
- Developed and improved a method for estimating childhood obesity prevalence in small geographic areas.
- Collaborated with researchers at the CDC to compare our results against their methods using external validation data.
- Visited the Research Data Center at the CDC to use data with geographic identifiers to build a stronger model.
- Pediatric Asthma Baseline Metrics
- Collaborated with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Developed a set of baseline metrics to assess the state of pediatric asthma care in Georgia with comparisons to Florida and North Carolina
- Identified areas for targeted interventions and suggested appropriate types of interventions for different areas.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (May 2015 - Aug 2015): Data Science Intern III
- Utilized two years of highly granular vital sign data to develop a model from scratch that can detect patient stress.
- Implemented model using Cloudera CDH technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala).
- Georgia Institute of Technology (May 2015 - Aug 2014): Data Science for Social Good
- Worked with the Atlanta Police Department and 911 Communications Center to quantify the impact of dispatcher workload on response times.
- Presented results to key stakeholders in the Atlanta Police Department, including Chief of Police George Turner.
- George Family Fellowship (2014 - Present)
- Georgia Tech President’s Fellowship (2014 - Present)